Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We're off!.............................................................almost

Hello all,

The IndyCar Fantasy League and blog is back. So just to help you don those thinking caps, here is a brief preview of the series from a fantasy players point of view.

First of all remember this is a squad based game with only your four active players scoring at each race. The weekly wild card pick from the Firestone Indy Lights field could be critical in terms of finding an edge from week to week.

So what should you look out for when it comes to picking your full squad? How should I know, I ran the thing and I couldn't even work out how to win last season!


A quick look at the rookie class and Mike Conway's mildly peculiar hair.

The revised system this season should eliminate the 'I'll just pick Scott Dixon and put my feet up' school of thought. The supporting cast who accompany your inevitable superstar choices are going to be the key. I'm not going to tell anyone who to chose but the slightly dubious rookie status of Robert Doornbos (he is an IndyCar rookie) should set alarm bells ringing in the minds of many players. His rookie bonus points could well be the difference come the end of the season.


Robert Doornbos laughing at his slightly ludicrous rookie status, yesterday

The late additions of some rather experienced pilots, namely Darren Manning, Alex Tagliani and Tomas Scheckter (from Long Beach onwards) provides some tasty low rent pickup opportunities. Good road racers in bad cars (I'd throw Justin Wilson into that category) could pay off especially on the technically challenging street circuits which kick the season off.

So please think carefully and take as much time as you need to come up with your selections, the deadline is Friday Midnight EST and there will have been two full practice sessions to absorb before you have to commit to anything.

As for your Commish? I have got no clue as to how I'm going to go with my selections, I may just wait and see what Mr Duffield does.

Enjoy and the very best of luck.


- The Commish

No comments:

Post a Comment