Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ferrari: Sports car racing again sometime soon?

This is the last line of the latest press release from Maranello. It was in response to the ruling in Paris this morning.
'In this situation, Ferrari will continue to compete in races of a calibre worthy of the marque, matching its level of innovation and technological research.'
Those last four words say so much. I'm not sure that a series with a spec. chassis comes under that banner, so it is hard to see them looking too hard at IndyCar - with the Ferrari brand at least.

Talk was rife, at the Spa 1000kms, about a prototype being on the drawing board at Maranello. The ALMS, LMS and Le Mans absolutely fit the bill with regards to 'innovation' and 'technical research'. The prancing horse would be welcomed back into sports car and endurance racing with open arms.

A move of this sort would see Ferrari back where they truly belong, in a disipline of the sport which they were every bit as committed to in the sixties and very early seventies (see below).

More of this please, Maranello, thank you. [img www.motortrend.com]

3 comments:

  1. maybe with a little bit of luck we can see soon again this marvelous machine in action, in my younger age I saw one of them in my country, was a terrific experience, and now maybe I see it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have notice that your site is so nice . Thanks for letting me to comment.

    Sports Online Betting is a online forum where you can bet on sports.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ferrari is awesome, the car just looks beautiful, I bet she`s just as interesting to drive as to look at. I often watch the Formula 1 race just to stare at these cars,,, nice

    ReplyDelete